A milestone...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have been at home (not working) for over 6 months now- a momentous occasion that passed without a thanks or even a mention from my brood. I suppose that my thanks should materialize sometime in the next 20 years or so, or even when my girls have children of their own. I do get to see and experience things that I otherwise would have missed, but in their place I get to miss having my own identity outside of being someone's wife, mother, daughter, etc. In honor of this occasion I have a top 10 list for everyone.

Top 10 things about being a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom)
10. I get to hear the word "Mommy" a million times a day. I really wanted V to say this for so long and now I'm getting what I wished for...
9. I get to visit fun places like the tumbles place, the jumpy place, the zoo, the aquarium, etc. on a regular basis & don't need an excuse
8. I get to watch an endless stream of the Disney channel, including on demand episodes and "The Wiggles" stored on my DVR.
7. My girls have something of a schedule- some days- but V's naps are still a toss-up.
6. Somedays we stay in bed until 9- depending on when the little wigglebottoms get up.
5. I have time to watch syndicated television series that have since been cancelled, and shouldn't have been (watched any Crossing Jordan or Las Vegas lately?)
4. I get to dress both the girls up in fun outfits, only for them to melt down and need naps or have diaper malfunctions in them and require a change of clothes.
3. I have had time to explore my surroundings, and know the area better than J- as far as our immediate vicinity- he's still the metro area expert in the house.
2. I've found a playgroup with some really nice moms to socialize with at times, including a monthly book club.
1. I get to experience everything first, including getting Little C to giggle at me over and over or V's recognizing the letter "A" and "B".

I'm sure some of these sound sarcastic, which is somewhat intentional. I guess everyone has to make the choice of what is important to them and today it's my girls. Ask me tomorrow and I won't be able to answer- I'll be looking for a job.

2 comments:

FAMILY said...

Just remember Crystal I will always remember the Fraggle Rock song forever , thanks to you...
I wonder what your song will be.
I Love You and thank you for the memories... Dad

Unknown said...

I remember you spinning around and zooming across the floor in your walker whenever the HBO jingle came on. The screen was bright lines that swirled around and you were mezmerized by it. Of course, the reason the tv was on HBO was so you could watch Fraggle Rock like your dad said! Not sure which one you liked better the logo or the show.....