Inauguration and a New President (Finally!)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I watched the inauguration today and was amazed at the number of people in DC. I wish that I could go to an event like that so that I could witness it firsthand, but gracious that was ALOT of people. I would have been terrified. It was exciting to watch. I figure it will be like the assassination of JFK, and most people will remember where they were and who they were with. I'm ashamed to say I skipped out on part of the actual inauguration part in order to shower and dry my hair while Little C was asleep. I must take advantage of the days that V is at school. Of course, I was equally interested in the fashions of the participants as in the words said. Isn't that so shallow and female of me? Seriously though, Obama is exciting. Not only because he's a minority, but more importantly because he won over the majority vote too. He wouldn't have won if only the black population voted for him, or if men voted for him, or if women voted for him, but he won because the majority of all of us voted for him. I guess it's the first time in my recollection or voting history that someone has been inspiring like he is. I hope that he does the things he promised, for my daughters sake and my own. I worry that they will grow up to not have jobs, and to hard times like the generations before us. Or be unwilling spectators to horrifying wars or crimes against humanity. I worry that they will hurt or be forced to watch others hurt. These are the things that keep me awake at night and make me want to believe in something greater than you or me, but a person who can give us all guidance. Maybe this is too much to expect of one person, or even one president, but I like to think that it's a start. So, we should all pray that he's as good as we think he is.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So my only question to you would be......how many of his "promises" has he already recanted or changed since he was elected? I state my case.