Stress and Fun Times

Thursday, January 22, 2009




I'm trying to plan Little C's christening, which has turned into an event that plagues my dreams and keeps me awake. I found the perfect dress dirt cheap and then they sold out. Now, I've spent a day trying to bargain with other stores to get it for the same price. I'm thisclose to just using V's dress- but feel like maybe Little C deserves her own beautiful dress to pass to her children. I have a few dresses from when I was a baby that my mom was gracious enough to salvage, as well as my parents' china from when they were married. The only gift I really remember my Mom getting from my Dad is a pretty picture of a floral arrangement that has lots of pinks and purples, and I hope to one day use this in a guest room. Things like this are particularly important to me, perhaps because of how my parents raised me to think that family is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. We weren't allowed to play at someone's house down the street as kids unless we were all invited. Anyways, I've gotten off topic. This is Little C's day and she deserves to be recognized as herself, not someone's little sister. Then again, traditions are important. I don't know what to do or why this is stressing me out so bad!!! If you were to ask my husband he would say it's because I'm not happy unless I'm harping on and stressing about something. The life of a control freak Type-A woman, I suppose. Well, in other news I'm contemplating switching to cloth diapers with Little C for several reasons. Money, the environment, her health, and they're just too darn cute! It's not really as bad as one would assume, or at least that's what I've been reading. From what I can tell, it's true.

We all spent some time playing in the living room last night. These are some pics of the four of us. I like the cupcake outfit (really a sleeper) on Little C and think she's just such a snickerdoodle!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop stressing! It takes years off your life and makes you grow old in a hurry. Besides, the years will bring many other situations where stressing will be appropriate! This most certainly is not one. She'll be beautiful and christened no matter what dress she wears!