Holding down the fort

Thursday, August 28, 2008

We stayed home ALL day today. Well, we cheated & went to Popeye's for lunch, but that was our one outing until J got home and we went for burritos tonight. We did lots of playing, a little napping, and some destructing in the house. We have a playdate tomorrow, but I've got to tell you- I'm exhausted!!! V can wear anyone out and she's learned to climb onto our counter-height kitchen table from the back of the couch. Talk about scary! What do you do with a monkey child? Ankle chains to the floor? Gymnastic mat flooring? Trapeze training wires attached to her joints? She's terrifying- it only takes her 30 seconds to climb on top of anything. Tomorrow is the beginning of a long weekend, so maybe we'll get some unpacking done. I don't know though- what's left is complicated. We've got some school shopping to do, as V starts school (Mother's Day Out) next week. She needs a nap mat and backpack or lunch box. There's been lots of talk and debate about the new stroller, so I don't know about that. I wonder how old kids have to be to go to gymnastics. V would be good at that- perhaps I should look into circus classes too. We're going to be inheriting a piano, and since V inherited my bizarrely long fingers she'll be taking lessons as soon as someone will sacrifice themselves to teaching her. I find myself wondering if Little C will look like V or if she'll be drastically different. As we all know V looks like J's clone with my fingers and toes, so it will be a miracle if I manage to pass anything more substantial to Little C. I am starting to get a little excited about her though. Off to bed while V is quiet (Rare in this house).

p.s. I do know how to use grammar, punctuation, and paragraphs. I think less linearly than that- so that's why this blog just runs together like a jumbly mess.

0 comments: