The beat goes on....

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Deb wants to know why there aren't any blog updates. It's actually hard for me to sit and figure out what exactly to say. I want to sound witty, and interesting, and full of exciting information. V has quit napping. She hasn't napped for the last two days and as we speak I have her in her pack & play trying to lull her into a nap. I think we're going to go looking at baby stores this afternoon. I want to compare a couple of stroller models. I went to the nurse midwife yesterday and I liked her. She was very nice and took a good while to talk to me. J & V went with me and that was, frankly, a disaster. You just can't really take her anywhere lately- she's too busy. It makes life very interesting. I bought a book called the "Insert City Name" Mama's handbook which has lots of useful information on my surroundings. It has chapters on things to do, places to shop, museums, libraries, etc. for kiddos to go. We're getting some ideas from that. I'm pretty psyched about all the great CNN I've gotten to watch lately. The DNC is going on and I have it on CNNHD round the clock, with the exception of V's playhouse disney from 7-9 in the mornings and Crossing Jordan in the afternoon for an hour. I took V to the mall playplace the other day, and that was different. She wasn't really sure at first and later was a wild thing, climbing and running and jumping. The most interesting turn of events was the fact that she decided to hit any kids who came to visit with her. This makes me nervous about her starting MDO next week. Hopefully it's not something she'll continue to do. We're trying to figure out how to make her stop, but I'm running out of ideas. We have some playgroup meetings in the next couple of weeks and hopefully J & my mothers will visit in the next few weeks. We'll see about that! My Dad says he can come for a week when little C is here- yay!!! We only get to see them a couple of times a year, so we're always excited when they want to come hang with us for a few days! It's always nice to have help with the hyena.

0 comments: