Exploring the Lands

Thursday, August 14, 2008

So V and I have been doing some exploring for the last couple of days. I'm not the best driver and interstate driving across 5 or 6 lanes is very intimidating- but we've managed okay. I've done some shopping for little C's room since, in theory, she could make her grand entrance in 6 or 7 weeks. V has also done some interesting things the last few days, including taking her diaper off in a corner and running around the living room like a banshee. She also has discovered she can climb on all the furniture- including the computer chair. She likes to get in the computer chair and "type" on the keyboard, hard at work. She also has started wanting to eat whatever I do, and throws some awesome fits if she doesn't get what she wants. She is awfully cute though. We're supposed to be going to meet up with a playgroup tomorrow. I'm not the most social individual but V loves, loves, loves other people! I guess we must bore her. It'll be good for her to be around some other kids- she used to be around a couple every day before we moved. I'm not making much progress on the unpacking front. Most of it is crap that needs to be thrown out anyways, but J is a bigger packrat than me and he refuses to budge. My guestroom is going to turn into his dumping ground and be as big of a disaster as the office was in the other house. Perhaps one day while he's at work I should just throw it all out? That seems awfully inconsiderate though! I hate junk but we seem to accumulate quite a bit of it. I need to get a bed for the guest room anyways, so that someone can actually stay and not have to sleep on the couch. I would like to put little C's room together and see what it looks like so far. I'm attempting to make some lampshades for a chandelier- I saw one I like for $1000 and that's just plain silly. We'll see how it turns out. I like to think I'm moderately crafty and can do this. I made the letters for her wall and V's lampshade for her room. I'm trying to find someone on etsy to do the birth announcements this time though. I just don't think I'll feel like doing it and I want something super cute. I want it to involve owls, they're cute and V has poodles as her thing. Of course, poodles are much easier to find than owls. Speaking of poodles, V needs a halloween costume. I was thinking a butterfly maybe. Why are all costumes designed for cold weather climates? It will likely be warm here. Oh well, I'll have to figure something out....

0 comments: