Controlled, Disastrous, Chaos

Friday, August 22, 2008

So J and I have 2 styles of cleaning. I truly couldn't care less if something is "clean" in J's sense of the word- I just want everything organized and picked up. J could spend hours dusting and vaccuuming and then throw his clothes in a pile in the floor and move on. He perpetually has a stack of mail and papers he refuses to throw away, put away, or do anything with- which he thinks should live on the dining room table. This renders the table somewhat useless, but seeing as he thinks it's not for eating (tv trays satisfy that need) it's not really a problem to him. Anyways, this all comes into play regarding the unpacking of all the boxes in my house and the usage of our closet. J manages to take up 2/3 of the closet and still has a large wardrobe box of clothes that don't go anywhere. This is because he refuses to get rid of any clothes (which I did when I got pregnant this time, sketchy halter tops in a size 00 probably aren't going to happen as a curvier mother of two). He also refuses to put seasonal items (i.e. sweaters and corduroy or coats) upstairs in another closet or in storage containers (again, I did this when I found out I was pregnant in an attempt to consolidate closet space). So we are still living in chaos with boxes in every room. It's hard for me to do much since I can't hang anything on the walls or carry heavy boxes around. Trust me, I've done some stuff I probably shouldn't have while pregnant, both last time and this time, but I"m not carrying heavy boxes up a flight of stairs. That's beyond my capabilities. Then, there's still all the crap from his office and storage in the garage, which the dogs recently decided to start destroying. They of course tore into a box of books (mine) and shredded them. Why are they still in the garage? Because the storage facility had a bug problem and I refuse to bring that in this house- I HATE bugs. Also, the dogs are still living in my garage so unpacking the boxes is somewhat pointless as I can't use it anyways (surrender to the power of the dogs that were apparently here before me and thus pull rank). How am I going to solve all of these problems? I suppose I'll hang some pictures myself, how hard could that be? I"m going to get J some storage boxes and pack up his clothes for him and the dogs- well they are soon to be moving into kennels so that I can reclaim my garage (and try to salvage my backyard which they have started digging up and destroying). I know this post sounds bitchy, but that's where I am today. If you can't blog about it what's the point?

0 comments: