A Rare Tribute to my Husband...

Monday, February 16, 2009





I know it's been a LONG time since I've written a decent post. We've been sick. Not just colds, but really, really sick. Little C still happens to be sick and has to go get a barium test done tomorrow morning. Anyways, valentine's day was over the weekend. We don't really celebrate it around here, for whatever reason. My husband is many things, wonderful and supremely great things, but thoughtful he is not. I don't often thank him or rave about the great things he is or does, but this post is specifically for that reason. So, in honor of valentine's day and my husband, here's a list of 20 great and wonderful things about J.

1. He always (okay, almost always) takes out the trash without me asking him to do it. This is important b/c I HATE taking garbage out, but somehow manage to fill the trashcan at least once a day.
2. He bathes V every night so I only have to clean Little C. I don't think either of us understood how much our time was going to be monopolized with the addition of C-note (as he calls her). This makes my day seem less overwhelming.
3. He plays with V. I can remember playing with my dad as a kid, so this one is important to me. She loves it and it makes me smile and remember being a kid.
4. When I was VERY pregnant with V and working all day he made me grilled cheese sandwiches as I was laying on the couch giving him directions. The first one was burnt and the second one the cheese hadn't melted but I didn't care. They were great and just what I wanted.
5. He lets his scruff grow out just because I like it. He even takes flack from his mom, sister, and our niece for it- just for me.
6. He would rather I bought things for myself or the girls than go out and buy himself anything.
7. He lets me pick things out and only tells me he doesn't like it after I realize it's ugly (generally after I've already bought it and had it for a short period of time).
8. He didn't want to have a big deal of a wedding (for reasons we shan't discuss), but did anyway b/c I wanted it.
9. He changed jobs from one he loved to one he "kind of was okay with" so I could stay home with the girls.
10. He lets me waffle back and forth on whether or not I want to work or stay at home, and rarely interjects logic into the equation.
11. He picked out my engagement ring himself, and it is completely and perfectly suited to me. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever owned. I love it dearly, and of course will love it even more when I get a 2 carat diamond for putting up with him for 5 years (or 10- depending on who wins the fight).
12. He doesn't fight back. Anyone who knows me, is well aware of my combativeness. I am truly an instigator and am always up for a sparring match at the drop of a hat. J is adept at just stopping or diffusing the situation. I like to think that this is why I am starting to be a more mature and patient adult.
13. He has an awesome family. Nobody could compare or replace my own family, but J's family is great. I love them all dearly.
14. He is a fountain of useless, random knowledge. I think I could mention any movie and he could tell me who starred, when it came out, and a quote from it.
15. He finally cleaned out his closet recently and decided to get rid of some clothes he has had since before high school. I have to admit that I have a t-shirt that I got in high school and love it dearly, but J has tons!
16. He rarely complains about the fact that I make him eat things I like almost every night of the week, generally involving bland, starchy, or mushroomy elements.
17. He scratches my back. Not as good as when my mom would do it when I was younger, but hey, he humors me.
18. He lets me decide where we're going to eat when we eat out. We try and only eat out once a week, so this is a biggie for us.
19. He let me pick out our house. J would have been happier in a newer neighborhood, but I wanted something with character and trees. We kind of met in the middle, but ultimately it was my decision to make.
20. He puts up with my mood swings, of which there are many. It also appears that at least one of our offspring has inherited this wonderful trait.

and a bonus...he has great genes. I mean, really, look at my beautiful girls!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you are trying to be nice to him for a change!!! lol